Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Update

Ironically two people mentioned tonight that they made the chocolate chip cookies recipe that I posted. And both commented that their cookies came out flat. The only reason I can think that they'd be different is the altitude and humidity. We have no humidity here, so that could be the problem. Shortening makes cookies cakey-er =), so I would try using half shortening, half butter. If you like the butter flavor, Crisco makes butter flavored shortening.

Let me know if you make them again and if this helps!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am definitely challenged in the cooking department. I am so glad I am not the only one with the flat cookie problem! I usually use crisco in my cookies. A tip from my SIL. I'll do half and half next time. Thanks!