Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cleaning Tip

I really enjoy cleaning, but only under the perfect circumstances which NEVER happens, so I rarely enjoy doing it. =) Nowadays I try to find time to clean when Miss Priss is napping. I turn on some fun music (think Mama Mia soundtrack) and try to take my time (if I have it which I usually do not). I've always appreciated easy cleaning tips that make things quick and simple.
So when I heard this tip years and years ago, I filed it away and now use it every single time I clean. Instead of trying to use a vacuum, wet rag, etc., I use a lint roller to dust my lamp shades. It works perfectly, doesn't clump up the dust like my vacuum did, and doesn't turn the dust and dirt into mud thus staining the lampshade like a wet rag would. I have a super, super dusty house, so mine need dusting each time I clean, but yours may be less problematic. Either way, this is a quick and easy hint.

No comments: