Sunday, January 4, 2009

Handmade Christmas 2008

This year I decided to do an entirely handmade holiday. I thought I'd share pictures of the gifts in case it will help with gift ideas for you all.
I made a folding picnic blanket for my sister-in-law and her family. It folds into itself creating a bag. There are pockets in each corner for which I sewed bean bags to keep the blanket in place in windy weather. The bean bags fit into the outside pocket when folded.
For my 2-year-old train-loving nephew, I made a travel book of tracks.
My 7-year-old nephew runs a store out of his bedroom selling his drawings. =) He needed a storefront, so we came up with one together. This is designed to hang over a door. The top pocket is clear vinyl. He designed a store sign to fit there. The black rectangle is chalkboard fabric, and the bottom pockets are to organize his wares. A set of business cards completed his gift.A teepee for my 5-year-old nephew. And, finally, a photo quilt for my mother-in-law.

No comments: