Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Taco Pie

Here's the "recipe" I promised:
Amy's Taco Pie
Ingredients:
1 pre-made pie crust (I used store-bought)
1 lb. ground beef
1 small sweet onion
taco seasoning to taste
favorite taco fillings
sour cream
1 cup cheese
Directions:
Bake pie crust at the temperature on the directions for 5-10 minutes. (I did 8.) Meanwhile, brown the ground beef with the onion, chopped in a medium skillet. Stir in the taco seasoning to taste. The stir in your favorite taco fillings. We used corn, black olives, green onions, and the lime and cilantro Rotel. I would have loved to have had fresh cilantro - yum! Pour this mixture into your partially-baked pie crust. Dollop sour cream on top, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake at the same temperature for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted, the filling is bubbly, and the crust is lightly browned.
This is seriously delicious stuff. Thank you so much to my sister, Amy, for the easy recipe.

1 comment:

Katie said...

that sounds really yummy and easy -- my two favorite things when it comes to food!!