Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fake-out Lasagna

I make this all the time around here in some form or fashion. I've had several requests for the "recipe" (term used very, very loosely). I can't remember if I've posted it yet, so please pardon me if I've already shown this one.

Fake-out Lasagna
1 box rigatoni, lasagna, spaghetti, etc.
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (I use Prego religiously)
1 small tub ricotta cheese
1 pound ground turkey, beef, sausage, etc.
1 small sweet onion, chopped
2 cups mozzarella cheese
garlic salt, seasoning salt, basil, oregano, pepper, or any other spice you choose
Directions:
Cook noodles following the directions on the box. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375.
Brown the onion and meat in a skillet. Add the seasonings of your choice here.
When the meat is fully-browned, add about half of the spaghetti sauce, and warm through.
In a 9x13 pan, spread a small amount of sauce to cover the bottom to prevent the pasta from sticking. Layer pasta, then meat and sauce mixture, ricotta cheese twice. Make sure you use roughly half of the ingredients in each layer. Top with the mozzarella cheese, and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned and the sauce is bubbling.
You can mix the pasta with the sauce before layering for fewer steps unless you are using lasagna.
Enjoy!

No comments: