Thursday, March 18, 2010

Granola Berry Pancakes

First of all, I just want to start off by saying that I will be pretty in and out of this blog for the next couple of months, so please forgive me. I'm dilated and effaced, and the ball is rolling for us to meet our sweet baby boy any day now. My intention is to maintain this blog, but 2 kids under 2 will definitely cut into my intentions.

Okay, on to the recipe...
We love pancakes around here. I try to change them up all the time by adding different unique ingredients. These were a huge hit, and I thought I'd share.

Granola Berry Pancakes
1 cup flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup granola
1/2 cup chopped fresh berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the middle, and add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Add granola and berries. Set the batter aside for 5 minutes to let settle (this will help the pancakes to be more fluffy, I've found).
Meanwhile, heat a griddle or skillet to 375 - 400 degrees. Butter the skillet, and pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Flip when bubbles appear and the edges are slightly browned.
Enjoy!

No comments: