Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quick and Easy Teriyaki Marinade

I'm making a chicken teriyaki stir fry for dinner tonight out of things I keep in the freezer. But when I went to grab the marinade, I realized I must have run out. Parker's napping (which is rare), so I didn't want to wake him to go to the store for one measly thing. So I decided to throw some things together to see if I could come up with a good recipe. I love the way it turned out, and I wanted to make sure to save it here for future reference. Hope you find it useful!
Alicia's Last-Minute Teriyaki Marinade
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
black pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
about 1 inch of fresh ginger, minced
Throw it all together, and refrigerate until needed!
I'm planning on roasting some chicken breasts, dicing them, and throwing them over a bag of stir fry vegetables steamed with a bag of green beans with this marinade drizzled on top. Yum!

No comments: