Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby Shower Activity Idea


Me, Leslie, Casey, Kim
A couple of weekends ago I helped to host another baby shower for one of my very best friends. She is expecting her second boy next month, and we wanted to bless her socks off. I am a big fan of doing something at a shower to create a lasting memory for the guest of honor. In this case, we made personalized onesies using fabric backed with heat and bond. It was such a hit, and everyone was so super creative. But the best part about this idea is that you can be as simple or as filled-with-creativity as you are comfortable with being. It really works for anyone.

The set-up
I made a sample to get the ball rolling
Instructions and supplies
We hung the onesies as decoration. Guests could go pick one and take it into the dining room to embellish.
The process: tracing, cutting, iron, embellishing
Some of the finished products - SO cute!
More party details: Cupcake toppers courtesy of the Cricut
Favors: Candy bar in the shower colors
This was probably one of the most fun I've ever had at a shower. If you're interested in the idea but don't feel up to re-creating it, look for the kit in my etsy shop this fall!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't wait to order one of these! A gal in my Bible Study is having a baby this summer, and this would be such a fun thing to do for her! Brilliant, sis!