Sunday, April 3, 2011

Simple and Quick Dinner Idea

I've been hard at work planning and preparing for the kids' birthday party next weekend, so my dinners have been very last-minute lately. This is one of our favorites, and I definitely want to share. I crave this pasta at least once a month, but I could eat it daily. And I always have the ingredients on-hand, so it requires no planning ahead.
Easy Tomato Pasta Carbonara

1 lb spaghetti (but any long pasta will do)

1/2 red onion, chopped

4 strips of bacon, chopped

1 large can of diced tomatoes

2 eggs

parmesan cheese to taste

salt + pepper


Cook the pasta according to the package directions. In a separate skillet, saute red onion and bacon until bacon is just under crispy. Add the tomatoes and their juices, and cook until warmed through. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, and add a handful of parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss in the hot, cooked pasta, and stir. Pour the bacon tomato mixture over top, and toss until well combined. Serve hot with some crispy bread.

No comments: