Friday, May 27, 2011

New spin on an old classic

I absolutely love the green rice recipe I've been making for quite some time now. But tonight I made these enchiladas (HIGHLY recommend them...and everything else I've tried from this site!), and I didn't have any green enchilada sauce. I made a few changes, and I think I may even prefer this way now. I made the rice in the exact same way. I also made the same sauce base just without the enchilada sauce. Instead I put the cilantro, spinach, and some lime juice in the food processor with 1/4 chopped onion, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt, and 1 garlic clove. I pulsed it until it all came together, then dumped it into the rice after it was done cooking. We haven't sat down to dinner yet, but I can't keep myself from grabbing a spoonful from the bowl every time I walk past the kitchen. Yum!

No comments: