Monday, February 13, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf - Pinterest Deal or Dud

A month or so ago I tried this delicious bread that I found via Pinterest. It is absolutely fabulous - just as good as it looks. I wanted to write about it right away, but I ended up doubling the recipe and freezing a loaf. I thought I'd wait until we thawed the loaf so I could report about its freeze-ability. It turned out perfectly. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for a delicious bread.

I followed the recipe exactly using frozen blueberries. They were blueberries that I purchased fresh, spread on a cookie sheet, then froze. I then placed them in a large freezer bag to store so I can measure out what I need to thaw. I've heard from commenters that store-bought frozen blueberries are too watery for the bread. So I would either use fresh blueberries or fresh frozen blueberries like I used. Also, the loaf that I froze I skipped the glaze. I thought I'd add it after it was thawed, but it turns out the bread is perfectly moist and delicious (and sweet!) without it. I think from now on I'll leave the glaze off altogether.

Hope you enjoy! Recipe can be found here.

No comments: