Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Ricotta Pancakes

I have a sick husband and a coughing daughter, so we're having a lazy Sunday around here.  My daughter requested pancakes for lunch, and I had no objections.  We almost never make the same recipe twice, but this one was so good I had to rush to the computer to jot it down.  It was a happy accident as I wanted to use sour cream and didn't have any.  So brew yourself a cup of coffee, and dive into Fall with these yummies!

Pumpkin Ricotta Pancakes
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

Combine these dry ingredients in a bowl

1 cup milk
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix these together well, then combine with the dry ingredients stirring just until combined.  Let this rest on the counter for 10-15 minutes before cooking on a well-buttered skillet.

No comments: