Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 22, 25 Days of Christmas Tips

22) Reading
Books are a big part of our life in our little house. This is a little late in the 25 tips, but these are a little scattered and really just for reference for me for future years as well. So hopefully it's not a total loss for you.
I saw the cutest idea (and I can't remember I where I saw it). Put a Christmas basket near the Christmas tree. Put a different Christmas-themed or winter-themed book inside after the kids go to bed each night. Then each evening as the day is winding down, read that book by the light of the Christmas tree with your family snuggled close. Doesn't that sound like a great tradition for the kids to look forward to during the holiday season?
Such a sweet idea, I think.

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Yes, I love it! Every year I buy a new Christmas novel and read it in the days leading up to Christmas. Great idea, Alicia!