Friday, April 17, 2009

Birthday Party Favors

I had saved the jars of baby food that we've used over the course of the past 6 months or so and really wanted to be able to use them for the party somehow. Each time we would empty a jar, I would run it through the dishwasher after removing the label, so they were all clean. I spray-painted the tops white, glued a label on the top (made in Scrapblog), and filled it with half wildflower seeds and half potting soil (idea courtesy of my sister, Amy). I tied them up with a bow and piled them in a basket with a sign that read,
"Thank you for helping to plant the seeds of love, family, and friendship in Hannah's first year. Please spread these seeds in a sunny spot to remind you of the blessing you have been in our lives."

Easy, unique, and precious, I think.

No comments: