Saturday, June 6, 2009

Family Cookbook Recipes

A few years ago when my cousin got married, I compiled family recipes in a scrapbooky recipe book for him and his wife. I meant to also create one for each member of the family, but I just haven't done it yet. I'm not a scrapbooker, sadly, so that kind of thing is really hard for me and time consuming. Just the other day I got the idea to just post all of the recipes here to benefit everyone. I have no clue what the frequency of posting these recipes will be, so if you're a family member and have a request, let me know, and I'll get to it. Have fun on your sneak-peek into our mostly German-inspired family cookbook.

Chocolate Ganache
Ingredients:

Heavy whipping cream Chocolate chips
Directions:

This recipe calls for a 2:1 ratio of chocolate to cream. Heat one part cream in a sauce pot. When it reaches a boil, remove from heat, add two parts chocolate chips and cover. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove the lid and stir with a whisk until all of the chocolate is incorporated.

Notes:

I use this recipe for chocolate fondue as is. You can also use it to make chocolate covered goodies by dipping in the ganache, placing on a wax-paper-lined cookie sheet, and refrigerating until solid. (I would recommend using ¼ of the whipping cream for chocolate-covered things.) If you whip the ganache, it can also be used for icing on cakes. I make this all the time for various things.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Alicia - I've started keeping up with your blog too! I'm not much of a scrapbooker either, but what I have done is created a family cookbook online using a photobook template. You can fill it with recipes and with pictures, either of the food or of family members. The best part is you can create it once and order as many copies as you like. Makes great Christmas presents! Some sites to look at are createmycookbook.com and heritagecookbook.com. Anyway, just thought I'd pass this along!