Monday, September 27, 2010

Rainbow Cake on a Stick

One of our favorite boys turns two today. Since he got a baby brother as an early birthday gift, we offered to make a cake to deliver to free up her hands a little more. I've been wanting a reason to try out this Rainbow Cake, so we dove in. It was such a fun lesson for my daughter in color-mixing and measuring. We had a blast. I made the cake in loaf pans to cut down into a square, so I had lots of scraps. While my 2-year-old napped, I dreamt up a fun creation for her that was a HUGE hit. I just cut hearts out of each color of cake, put a dot of frosting as glue between each heart, then put it on a stick. To say she was thrilled would be a gross understatement.

3 comments:

sarah/book bound bindery said...

what a cute idea! i love it

Dacia said...

love this idea!

Unknown said...

I found this via pinterest and I just wanted to tell you what a GREAT idea this is. my little ones would DIE for this. Definitely doing this at our next playdate!!