Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

(Image courtesy of Nestle's Very Best Baking Site)


We had my mother-in-law over for dinner and dessert to celebrate her birthday last week, and I was looking for something a little different than a cake. I stumbled upon this recipe, and I knew it was a winner. This is absolutely the easiest pie I have ever made - it's even easier than making chocolate chip cookies. It took me less than two minutes from the time I started my mixer until the pie was in the oven. If you are looking for aAlign Left SIMPLE, very quick, and delicious recipe, this is a great go-to. It's one of those recipes that you can remember and not have to even consult the recipe in the process. We served it warm with homemade vanilla ice cream.



I did make a couple of changes. I omitted the nuts since I didn't have any on hand, and I added a teaspoon of vanilla. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. In the future, I would use mini chocolate chips since mine all sank to the bottom. It didn't change the flavor at all, but it looked a little off when we cut into it. That didn't change the fact that we gobbled it up so quickly I was unable to get a picture, though!


Sidenote: My favorite restaurant dessert (at least my favorite every-day restaurant dessert) is the Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie from Chili's. It is the only one I crave. Of course, it was deemed one of the 20 worst-for-you desserts in America. =P This pie could be almost exactly the same by adding walnuts and coconut to the filling and hot fudge and caramel sauce to the top of the ice cream. Delicious!

No comments: