Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Scavenger Hunt

This little guy (who my daughter insists is a girl) showed up in our yard this Spring and has made himself...I mean 'herself' at home. Just in time for Easter.

Growing up my parents always did the neatest thing for Easter, and this year will be the first year we have a child old enough to understand and participate. Instead of just having our Easter baskets laying out for when we woke up on Easter morning, they would send us on a scavenger hunt. We'd find the first clue in a basket of candy on the kitchen table. It would lead us around the house finding little treasures at the end of each clue. It was always so fun and exciting and something we really looked forward to. The last clue led us to our Easter baskets.

We decided to do the same thing at our house, but with a little twist. We're going to have the kids' empty Easter baskets on the table with their first clue. Then they can carry their baskets around on the scavenger hunt to collect their goodies. I made a little rhyme for each clue, and they are super simple. As they get older, we can make it more challenging.

As I mentioned in my last post, we're all super sick around here, so we aren't going to be able to get out to get all of the goodies in time for Easter. But, since my kids are 3 and 1, they have no clue Easter is April 24th. So we're just going to move the festivities to the following Sunday, and they'll be none-the-wiser. Also, this way I can bank on the after-Easter sales! Win-win. =)

If you're interested in this idea too, I found a really cute printable that you can use here. Happy hunting!

No comments: