Thursday, April 21, 2011

Relief

We've been down for the count around here with viruses, ear infections, sinus infections, and even pneumonia. =( But it reminded me about a simple remedy I tried and fell in love with last year. My ears are completely blocked, and I've found no relief. This idea makes sense since steam loosens mucous. To steam the junk out of your ears, just bunch up a paper towel or a handful of cotton balls in the bottom of a cup. Pour steaming hot water (not boiling!) over just to dampen them, then cover your ear with the cup. The steam feels incredible on an aching, sore ear. It hasn't failed me yet. I wouldn't do this for either of my kids just yet, though. There's a really fine line between steaming the water enough to be effective and burning yourself. So proceed with caution!

No comments: